Monday, May 18, 2015

Kindle Voyage: The best comes at a price – Business Standard


          
     
 Procrastination, they say, is the mother of Invention. In my case, however, it has only led to missed opportunities and confusion.

I had Decided on the Kindle Paperwhite 3G last year when Amazon was giving a nice discount, when procrastination led to me missing the offer period . “Oh, well, I’ll continue reading on the iPad till another nice offer comes along,” I consoled myself. And now, with the release of the Voyage, there’s no end to my confusion.

The Voyage, like the Paperwhite, sports a six-inch E-Ink screen. But it’s thinner and lighter than the Paperwhite. Externally, the Voyage looks different. The power button is placed at the back, instead of at the bottom, making one-handed operation easier. Another new feature which makes one-handed operation is easy PagePress. Present on either side of the screen are two bars and dots. Press on the bars and they gets to the next page while pressing on the dot takes them to the previous page. But what distinguishes the Voyage from any previous Kindle is the screen’s sharpness, at 300 pixels an inch.

After my experience with the Voyage, I do not feel like settling for the Kindle Paperwhite 3G. The Kindle 3G Voyage (Rs 20.499) is arguably the best eBook reader in the market now. But if I want the best bang for the buck, the Paperwhite 3G it will be.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment