Friday, January 30, 2015

Homeless man who read the same book dozens of times given by kind Kindle … – Mirror.co.uk

A kind-hearted stranger who spotted a homeless man reading the same book dozens of times made his dreams come true by giving him his Kindle.

The Las Vegas man was on his way to work When he got talking to the homeless man, known only as Paul , and the pair spoke about Their love of literature.

But destitute Paul only had one book and every time he finished, he would start again from chapter one.

So the stranger, who has not given his name, returned the next day and gave him his Kindle Which holds hundreds of books.

He said he would return with a charger – Which he could power up at coffee shops or bars.

Slick: The Amazon Kindle holds hundreds of books

Paul, who has not put the digital device down since, is now currently engrossed in the Game of Thrones collection.

The stranger revealed his story on Reddit mjuad under his username.

He wrote: “I gave this homeless man, Paul, my Kindle after learning he’d been That reading the same book over and over. He has not put it down for days.

“I gave it to him and I will be bringing him a charger tomorrow.

“There are more than enough books on there to keep him busy for a while. Especially some of the more difficult reads like Faulkner and Joyce.

“I’m going to give him my address so he can ship it back to me (I’ll pay upon receipt) and I can add more books whenever he runs out.

Sidewalk: Paul is believed to live in Las Vegas

“I’m bringing him a charger tomorrow. If not, he says he has friends who can probably help him find the right stuff to charge it. “

There were several hundred books already loaded onto the Kindle with dozens of literary classics from this fantasy sci-fi .

The kind-hearted stranger added: “He’s reading the Game of Thrones series right now. He said he’d read the second book but not any of the others and they’re all on there.



Bestseller: Paul is currently reading the Game Of Thrones series

“He’ll be getting it though as long as he’s there. I’m also going to give him my address so he can send it back to me if he ever needs new books.

“I make really good money and I have been at the bottom. I try to help out the homeless whenever I can with non-monetary Means.

Homeless man gives his last student £ 3 to get home and is repaid with amazing gesture

“When I was talking to him and found out That he really liked to read but was stuck with the same few books, I could not just go on having it in my pack knowing someone could get so much enjoyment out of something That, to me, costs so little.

“This is in Las Vegas. I’ve walked past him every day this week on the way into work and said hi to him and he says he has hardly put it down.

“I’ve never seen someone so happy to receive something and it brings me so much joy to see him every day reading from it.

“I did it because I make a very good living but have also been nearly the where this man is. An hour or two of my salary to make someone’s life infinitely more bearable is the least I can do. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment